The meaning of the name "Claire":

CLEAR. BRIGHT. FAMOUS.







Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Viva Las Home Sweet Home



(Our Dolly with her Dollies)

Ahhh, Vegas. I truly never thought that I would feel that way about this "City of Sin". However, as things have evolved with my life, so have my feelings for this place. This is where I met my husband, where we fell in love and got married, where my daughter was born, where we built our first home, and where everyone loves to visit (what are y'all waiting for? Come see us!).

Getting off of the plane from New York was monumentous ( This word is in the Urban Dictionary).

For one, it marked the end to an over 6 hour airplane ride with a child that must have consumed five pounds of sugar without my knowledge five minutes prior to preboarding the plane... There is no doubt in my mind about this. So, you can just image the fun I had restraining her, keeping her from backhanding the man next to us, or grabbing the hair of the woman in front of us. FUN.
Secondly, it allowed me to actually stand and walk and move and breathe without inhaling second hand alcohol (yes, there is such a thing) from the man sitting just to our right. I could probably also guarantee that he had been drinking non-stop for 47 hours prior to the flight. Seriously. Claire and I ran to the bathroom to change her water-balloon diaper and stand in a stall while Mommy dry-heaved. Gross, but true.

And lastly, it meant that Claire and I would see Kevin. YEAH! DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though we were with family in New York, and had a wonderful time, we still had an emptiness within our hearts without him there.

(As an added bonus, Grammy and Poppy were at the airport, too.)

You would imagine that the reunion between father and daughter would be a beautiful moment, right? Please, reconsider this thought, review the first two issues from this post, and then note that we arrived close to 10pm Vegas time (1am in New York). After almost two weeks in another time zone, you pretty much adjust. Claire was being shuffled around in the middle of her night, and wasn't a fan of this at all.

To witness the fallout of this reunion, please click below:


(Keep in mind that I was holding Claire, a diaper bag, a purse, another bag, a suitcase, pushing a stroller & ready to ralph.)





(I stopped recording before her serious breakdown, though you can see the beginning Claire's crumble. Trust me, no one wants to witness this sweet pea having such a difficult time unless they HAVE to!)

We have been home for almost a week now; and we are just starting to finish laundry, return emails, make plans to see friends, and scratch items off our to-do list. Claire has wonderfully adjusted to her west coast sleeping schedule and has been soaking up time with her Daddy whenever she can.



With Love,

C & C


1 comment:

  1. she might very well be the cutest little thing EVER. not sure how much longer i can stand it... may be booking a flight soon. (posted my reply and thoughts on Alice in Wonderland in my comments on my blog). LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete